WE HAVE MOVED!

This website has moved to www.worldofcrap.co.uk. Please update your links. And then go there, because it's really really good, and there's cake there and everything.

Wednesday 1 May 2013

The best car boot haul ever - prepare for a pile of awesome

LOOK AT THIS!


I'll just give you a minute to take it all it. Maybe you'll want to go build a shrine to the picture, I don't know.
I got all this stuff for under 15 quid. Again, I'll give you a minute to take that in. Apart from Screwball Scramble, which I'm pretty sure is a newer version, all this stuff is from the 80s or very early 90s. And that makes me very happy, because now I own it all.
Regular readers will immediately spot one or two things that are destined to get their own posts, but for now I'm just going to dive into this barrel of smashingness. Look upon it, and if you don't weep, at least do the Macarena or something.

Board Games


Screwball Scramble, Dingbats and Atmosfear 2. I know Screwball Scramble isn't technically a board game, but I plan to play it when I'm bored so it counts. 

I've never played Screwball Scramble before, but I look forward to losing at it for years to come. I always loved Dingbats, the lateral thinking game, as a child, but was always too young and stupid to appreciate it properly. Now I am no longer young, so everything works out. I've also never played any of the Atmosfear games, but now I own the first and second so I look forward to a night of beer and shitting myself over those videos with the mister.

Snoopy flask


Complete with cup and internal lid, but thankfully not containing any 20 year old Um Bongo. I was brave enough to take a sniff inside, and it still has that plasticky smell that lunch boxes and flasks are supposed to have. I am not stupid enough, however, to actually attempt to drink out of it. I value my life.

She Ra figure


I've wanted a She Ra for years, but have always felt too guilty to buy one for full price on Ebay. So imagine my joy when I found her in a box of junk for 50p! Admittedly, she looks like she's had a wild night out followed by sex in a hedge, but I plan to straighten her hair out and give her boots and boobs a lick of paint, and return her to her former glory.

Roland Rat


Or "Rogul" as I used to call him. Roland was introduced to TV-AM the year I was born, so you could say we grew up together. I had this exact toy as a toddler and I don't know what happened to him. I like to think that this Roland is my long lost Roland, and now that we're together again we can go round the country spouting cockney vermin based puns at unsuspecting people.

Annuals


Bros annual 1989, Neighbours annual 1989, and a Home and Away 'special' from 1990. All three are stuffed with quizzes, pointless trivia and terrible photoshoots. I'm not sure what made me more excited when I got them home - finally getting to find out what the other one in Bros was called, remembering there was a character called Des in Neighbours, or finding a three page feature on Craig McLachlan of "Hey Mona" fame.

Pencil cases 


This is the find that really made me piss in my pants with excitement. They're all in excellent condition, but to be honest I would have bought them if they'd been ripped in half and covered in poo. I've numbered them for handy, cut out and keep reference -

1. 'Pencil Pouch' (this is generic but it's definitely old, because it comes with one of those round pencil sharpeners you don't get any more)

2. Transformers

3. Roland 'Rogul' Rat

4. A-Team

5. Bassett's Liquorice Allsorts

6. Munch Bunch yoghurts

7. Masters of the universe

8. Count Duckula

9. Generic Dracula pencil case, but from WOOLWORTHS if you please

10. A-Team

11. Hula Hoops

12. Wotsits

Now I'm going to go and bask in the glory of owning all these items. I'll probably stop short of getting naked and rolling around in them, but it will be a pretty close thing.

6 comments:

  1. Niiiice! Particularly the pencil cases. I once found an entire ice cream tub full of novelty erasers at a car boot sale (£2 the lot). The collection was pretty much identical to the one I had as a child. *Sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh god that sounds awesome! Actually she had loads more pencil cases for sale; I might go back another day and buy the whole box - she was giving me evil looks for not buying them all from her, and she probably put a curse on me or something

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah just stumbled across this due to finding a lovely ink stained wotsits pencil case at a car boot sale the other day. I loooovvvveeee the pencil case collection you have. Did you get the rest of them?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a little jealous of your Hula Hoops and Wotsits cases.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the type of toys many years back I've probably used for playing. After watching such toys I just remembered. It's a great post and I've excellent time here. Thanks for a nice allocation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice post. Really you have mentioned some great points with us. Most of people are looking these types of valuable posts. Keep in touch with us. nipple covers

    ReplyDelete