WE HAVE MOVED!

This website has moved to www.worldofcrap.co.uk. Please update your links. And then go there, because it's really really good, and there's cake there and everything.

Saturday 27 April 2013

Me attempting to do a handstand - a photo story

I've written quite a few posts about my inability to do anything that involved any physical skill whatsoever as a child. This post possibly sums up that ineptitude nicely, and you also get to laugh at my hair. As a child I could never do handstands, cartwheels of any type of stuff that involved being upside down/not being a moron. That didn't stop me trying; like a plucky little soldier I never gave up. And one time, my lovely parents decided to capture the experience for posterity. Let me guide you through my epic tale - "Some kid tries to do a handstand".

1. The journey begins


Look at the determination on my deluded little face. There I stand, rubbing my hands together with confident glee, safe in the knowledge that I'm definitely going to bloody do it this time, despite having failed the previous four thousand times.

2. The dramatic build up


Yay, I'm doing it! I'm actually doing it! I have up to one leg up in the air already! Nothing can defeat me this time! I am so glad my parents had the foresight to capture my moment of glory on film, I shall show this moment to my grandchildren! I'm so proud, I, I...

3. The conclusion


Oh wait, no. It ends by me falling on my face, as usual. My parents still took the photo. I'm surprised they managed this, since they were undoubtedly laughing so much at this point. And since they also changed angles, for no apparent reason. Look, I fell so hard on my face that I actually made the sand around me explode.

4. Epilogue


And - she's ok! Back to my plucky little self, probably about to attempt the whole bloody thing again. Or maybe I'll just go off and eat some prawns.

No comments:

Post a Comment